In the Dark?
Are you running your business in the dark? You might answer: “Of course not!” But hang on a moment – ask yourself these basic questions:
- Do you sometimes feel as if you have lost touch with what is really going on in your business?
- Do you worry if the problems you have identified are just the tip of the iceberg?
- Does it seem as if your business is drifting?
- Do you feel as if you are continually fire fighting problems?
Switch on the Light!
If the answer to any one of these questions is “yes”, then it’s probably time to switch on and shine a light on key aspects of your business, including the following:
- Have you set any overall goals and have you clear, measurable objectives and milestones that are helping you to work towards those goals?
- When was the last time you really investigated the market you are in and how you are approaching it?
- Are your premises and systems fit for purpose?
- Team skills. Does your team (which might be you!) have the right mix of skills needed to grow your business?
A Bright Future!
Although this review might feel a bit uncomfortable at times, it will have been worth the time out from working ‘in the business’, enabling you to identify both strengths (there will be some!) and weaknesses that may be holding your business back, so you can build a focused plan for a bright future. If you would like to talk over how shining a light on your business could help to take it forward and make more money, call me on 07774 548822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .